Five Minutes With...….Me
Very honoured to have been interviewed for the online Hospitality & Catering News
Finalists for 2020 Gold Service ScholarshipThis year's finalists represent a broad range of hospitality businesses including the Royal Household, multi-Michelin starred restaurants and five star hotels across the UK.
The eight finalists (pictured above left to right, top to bottom) are:
• Rémy Baben – Wild Honey St James, Sofitel London (assistant restaurant manager & wine buyer)
• Claudio Bosio – The Waterside Inn, Bray, (assistant maître d’hôtel)
• Elizabeth Forkuoh – Strathearn Restaurant at Gleneagles, Auchterarder (FBS junior assistant manager)
• Lauren Frid – Bar Boulud, Mandarin Oriental London (restaurant supervisor)
• Clement Gosselin – Jean-Georges at The Connaught London (head waiter)
• Stephen Kelly – The Royal Household, Buckingham Palace (footman)
• Andreia Monteiro – MacDonald Randolph Hotel, Oxford (conference & banqueting supervisor)
• Andrea Nuninger – The Scarlet Hotel, Newquay (restaurant host)
The final will take place on 13 January 2020 at Corinthia and the winner will be crowned the 2020 Scholar, with the announcement set to take place at a gala ceremony at The Berkeley on 12 February 2020. https://thegoldservicescholarship.co.uk/
Team Gold alumnus Daniel Crump launches solo venture
Daniel Crump, who was a GSS finalist in 2013, has become the first member of Team Gold to launch his first solo venture, alongside his wife Margriet Vandezande-Crump, they have launched The Greyhound, a pub and restaurant in Beaconsfield, located in a Grade II-listed old coaching inn, will serve modern British cuisine and beers and ales from local breweries.
Just John - The True Meaning of Hospitality
“Learning hospitality can take a lifetime but after a few hours with John Davey you’ll feel pretty special.
I have had a super career, I have served princes, stars, the great, the good and the ordinary and given all of them the same polished service that I learnt in the grand old palace hotels of yesteryear. In short everything you to make you or your team stand out as shining examples of perfect modern service.
In two hours you’ll learn about:
• The art of ears, eyes, hands and knees
• The first impression
• The best times to speak to customers and how to read their body language
• How teamwork can build confidence and a more successful business
• Why the last impression is just as important as the first
• How to create the power of a brilliant briefing
• How to gradually elevate the whole team to perform higher standards than they thought possible
• Create an atmosphere where staff turnover is lower
• Why product knowledge is the key to helping guests with their choices
• Using up selling as part of a healthy guest/ server relationship
• Diffusing difficult situations with ease and grace.
Please get in touch if you would like to have anymore information.
Celeste Restaurant – The Lanesborough Hotel London
Very proud to have spent the month of December with the team at the 1* Michelin Celeste Restaurant in the Lanesborough hotel; where I was Restaurant Manager 24 years ago; a very demanding space serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner all in the same room with virtually no break between services.
A big thank you to the amazing Celeste Manager Raffaella Cutolo who welcomed me with open armshttps://www.oetkercollection.com/hotels/the-lanesborough/restaurants-bars/restaurants/celeste/
And best wishes for 2020